The State Flight Academy of Ukraine in Kirovograd is considered to be one of the best international flight schools and is the unique component of the national education in Ukraine.
- AIR NAVIGATION INSTITUTE (ANI)
- AIR TRAFFIC SERVICING FACULTY
- FOREIGN LANGUAGES TRAINING DEPARTMENT
- TRAINING AND RESEARCH ATC SIMULATOR TRAINING CENTRE
- FLIGHT OPERATION FACULTY (FOF)
- Aero Navigation, Bachelor Level Training term -4 years
- Aircraft Flight Operation, qualification Commercial Pilot of Multiengine Aircraft (Pilot-Engineer). Training term is -5 years. Flight training is carried out on the following aircraft types: NARP, TL-232, Yak-18T, AN-2, L-410, AN-24 and An-26.
- Aircraft and Engines Production Technical Maintenance and Repair, qualifications – “Flight engineer” and “Engineer for Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Methods of Monitor”. Training term is – 5 years
- KIROVOGRAD FLIGHT SCHOOL
- PRIVATE PILOT (PPL)-the ICAO course №231.
- Course duration is 9 months. Total flight time is 46 hours (including 40 hours on aircraft). Start of study: on request, on group completion. Entry requirement is general secondary education. Cost of study is Contact. The training is conducted both in Russian and English (with the assistance of an interpreter).
- COMMERCIAL PILOT (CPL) – ICAO course №232.
- Course duration is 18 months. Total flight time is 165 hours (including 140 hours on aircraft). Start of study: on request, on group completion. Cost of study is Contact. Entry requirement is general secondary education. The training is conducted in Russian & English
- COMMERCIAL PILOT with the right to fly multi-engine aircraft by instrumental flight rules – (CPL/MEL/IR) ICAO course №236.
- Course duration is 30 months. Total flight time is 300 hours (including 265 hours on aircraft). Start of study: on request, on group completion. Cost of study is Contact. Entry requirement is general secondary education. The training is conducted in Russian & English
- POST-GRADUATE Level Courses are available as well, training term is 3 years
- PREPARATORY Course for foreign students, training term is 10 Months
Its history began more than 50 years ago. The 60th Military Aviation Flight College was created in Kirovograd in 1951 and prepared the flight crews for Soviet Army Military Air Forces till1960. In connection with the decision of Soviet Government concerning USSR Military Forces reduction, the College was transformed into the Kirovograd Civil Aviation High School.
Kirovograd Civil Aviation High Flight School carried out training of aviation personnel for Aeroflot and aviation companies all around the world from 1960 till 1978.
In the 60th the new aviation hardware, jet and turboprop aircraft were introduced into Civil Aviation. This fact complicated the process of air traffic and raised the demands to aviation staff. It became necessary to create the civil aviation higher education establishments.
Beginning from 1978, on the base of Kirovograd Civil Aviation High Flight School the Kirovograd Civil Aviation High Flight College started functioning. The technical and training base and aviation staff high education programs were improved.
In 1993 by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the College got the status of the State Flight Academy of Ukraine. So, the high quality of training at the Academy is based on the great experience and many years’ traditions.
During the period of its operation Academy prepared more than 110 thousand of aviation personnel, including more than 4 thousand specialists for 66 countries of the world. Our graduates work on all main lands of the Earth (except Australia) and hold different posts. Among them are pilots, air traffic controllers, heads of the services, flight crews and detachments captains, chiefs of the departments, air companies and flight complexes directors. Besides, our graduates are heads of aviation services in Mongolia, Bulgaria, Moldova and several African countries. For the high quality training of Cuba Republic specialists the Academy was awarded with the Cuban order “De la SOLIDARIDAD”, and for the great contribution into high-qualified personnel training for Ukrainian aviation it got the silver medal of International Academic rating “Golden Fortune”.
In 2000 the State Flight Academy joined the UN program TRAINAIR (civil aviation personnel training international program), also it became the member of Innovation Centre of International Educational Programmes “INCOS”.
The activity of the State Flight Academy of Ukraine is certified by International Aviation Committee (CIS), got the license of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the 4th level of accreditation.
At present the Academy provides training on the following specialities: Aircraft Flight operation (commercial pilot for single engine aircraft, commercial pilot for multi engine aircraft), Aircraft Production, Technical Maintenance and Repair (technical diagnostic and non-destructive methods of monitoring, flight engineer), Air Traffic Servicing (air traffic controller, air navigation information and flight planning officer, computer flight servicing officer, emergency servicing and flight safety officer).
The State Flight Academy of Ukraine went through many difficulties of living in the new economic formation and now is both the only one flight education establishment in Ukraine and world level centre of 21st century aviation personnel training