Bukovinian State Medical University is a modern multi-structural educational institution of the fourth level of accreditation with ancient traditions – it was founded in October 1944. Medical University is located in the magnificent core of Chernivtsy-city. This beautiful city with inimitable architechture, museums, shady alleys in its parks and public gardens, summer cafes which can be found literally round every corner attracts tourists and students from across the country and abroad. They come to admire the past and the present which blend so harmoniously together in our historical city established in 1408. city in quiet, inexpensive and very clamomfortable for living and every 5th person is a student from one of its numerous educational institutions.
At present 50 Professors and more than 280 Assistant Professors (PhD) work fruitfully at 36 Departments of the Medical University. Among them there are Member of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, numerous Honored Science and Education Workers, Full Members of New York Academy of Medical Sciences. The researches of the University have attained considerable achievements in the fields of cardiology, traumatology and orthopedics, gastroenterology, pediatrics, kidney physiology and pathology. More than 100 of faculties’ staff have gone to countries of Asia, Africa and Central America at different times and worked in various higher medical institutions; they have a good command of foreign languages and rich experience working with students from abroad.
Acronym – BSMU
Accreditation – IV
Status – State
Established – 1944
Departments – 36
Teaching staff – 600 (50 Professors and more than 280 Assistant Professors PhD)
Students trained – 4300+
- General medicine
- Medical physiology
- Clinical pharmacy
- Laboratory diagnostics.
Today Bukovinian State Medical University as a high medical school with great experience in training of medical and scientific personnel has a license for the foreign citizens’ education both undergraduate and postgraduate. There are Medical faculties in specialties:
- General medicine, Pediatrics, Medical Psychology, Clinical Pharmacology;
- Faculty of Post-Graduate Education (clinical residency, fellowships, PhD programs);
- Preparatory Faculty intended for Teaching Russian to foreign students;
- Faculty for Bachelors and Junior Medical and Pharmaceutical Workers in specialties: Nursing, Pharmacy, Laboratory Diagnostics.
- Foreign students’ training is realized according to the Act of Ukraine “On Legal Status of Foreigners” and a Decree of the Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers of August 5, 1988 “On the Admission of Foreigners and Person without Citizenship for Training at Higher Educational Establishments”. While applying foreigners must fill application form and send it to the University, to do money transfer – deposit of 10% of tuition fee and $100 visas support. On the basis of this application and deposit person receive formal “Invitation for study”.
Applicant should submit the following documents:
- A copy of the Birth Certificate*;
- A copy of a Higher or Secondary Education Certificate and a Transcript (with grades in Biology, Chemistry)
- A Medical Health Certificate authorized by the Official Health Care Body of the country a foreigner arrived from, and given not later than 2 month prior to the arrival of an applicant for training in Ukraine*;
- A Medical Certificate certifying the Absence of HIV infection (in case no other certificates are provided by International treaties of Ukraine);
- Insurance Police for emergency medical aid (except for foreigners who arrived from the countries which have signed agreements on rendering free emergency medical aid);
- 6 photos of an applicant (60×40 mm);
- A return ticket to the native country with an open date of return valid for 1 year.